Wanted: Concept Artists
UPDATE: Applications are now closed.
Unknown Borders are currently looking for concept artists for freelance based work for the world of Essera which is a WIP fantasy world. It is our foundation for all of our future game projects. We wish to highten the experience that our users get when visiting the site and reading its articles. The process of writing articles, and bringing back those that died from the attack in June, is nearing completion. However we would like to replace the current art with our own to better illustrate the articles before they are comitted to the live site.
The ideal graphic artist has a portfolio with some of their recent work, it is not a requirement that you have several years of experience. Instead what matters is the quality of your work and the passion that you put into it to make your art come alive.
We are primarily looking for artists that can create art within the following categories:
- Items and Tools
Finally we are also looking for a cartograph to bring our world map alive.
- Fluent in English and/or Danish
- Strong understanding of proportion, composition, color theory, lighting, and both character and environment design.
- Strong imagination and a willingness to push the envelope, to innovate within the parameters of the world.
- Good positive attitude and outlook, self-motivated, and a great team-player.
- Capable of taking constructive criticism and working within project specifications.
- Experience with GitHub or similar is an advantage.
This job opportunity is web based, therefor your physical location or country does not matter.
We encourage all applicants to apply, whether you have 10 years of professional experience, or it is simply your hobby to create art.
All applicants are asked to send their application including a link to their portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note in your application which categories you wish to apply for.
This job offering ends 30th of September, and in the following days we will decide on which of you to continue to work with.